口 语 预 测
1. If your friend is a forgetful person who always has trouble remembering important things like deadlines for school assignments. What suggestions do you have for this friend of yours?
2. What should parents do to help their kids to develop money management skills?
3. Which one of the following should a city invest?
4. Your friend is having a very difficult math class next semester. What advice would you give him?
5. Your friend has a bad eating habit. What suggestions would you like to give this friend?
6. If your parents have some extra money, how would you like them to spend it?
7. What are the advantages and disadvantages of eating fast food?
8. Talk about one of your special ways to study.
9. What activity do you think can cultivate children’s sense of responsibility?
10. Describe an occasion in your country where people give gifts to each other and a kind of gift that’s common.
11. Research shows that people are supposed to sleep for at least 8 hours a day, but as a matter of fact, some people sleep for only 6.5hours. What do you think is the impact of sleeping to people’s lives? Use specific details and examples to explain your answer.
12. Among the following types of books, which do you dislike the most? Romantic books, science fiction, or biography.
13. If you were making a donation, which of the follow organizations would you be making your donation to? Environmental protection group, city library, or animal shelter?
14. Which of the following study methods do you think is the most productive? Having discussions with friends, reading textbooks, or writing reports.
15. Should students be required to evaluate their professors at the end of the semester?
16. In every culture there are some customs or traditions from the past that young people no longer follow. Describe a custom or tradition which formed in the past but you wish it is still popular today. Give specific reasons why you wish it still popular.
17. Which of the following functions of the smart phone will benefit students the most? 1. Listening to music 2. Recording the lecture 3. Taking photos
18. Which of the following three behaviors would you consider the most negative for kids? Being selfish, saying impolite things or speaking loudly in public
19. which of the following three activities do you prefer to do with a group of people rather than alone: Eat a meal, listen to music or do homework?
20. What is your opinion on the following statement: students should be allowed to take snacks and beverage into classrooms?
1. Do you agree or disagree with the statement that people should be fined for checking or looking at their cellphones when walking in streets and crossing roads?
2. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Participating in team sports is a good way for young person to learn team cooperation.
3. Some answer the phone and text a message in the middle of the conversation. What do you think of this behavior, good or bad?
4. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is always good to keep honesty.
5. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is important to study history from ancestors.
6. Do you agree that parents put more pressure on students than ever before?
7. Do you agree or disagree with the statement that people should dress following fashion trends?
8. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: all students should attend social activities such as join a club or a sports team in school?
9. Do you like talking to people face to face, or sending text messages or emails?
10. Which do you prefer? watch a movie silently or chatting with others?
11. Some people prefer live music, while others prefer recorded music. Which do you prefer and why? Please include reasons and examples to support your response.
12. If you have a misunderstanding with your friend, do you prefer talking it out in a public place or in a private place?
13. Which one do you prefer, taking part in a lot of activities and arranging a full schedule, or having lots of free time in your schedule?
14. Some students prefer to study nine or ten months a year. Others choose to be in school the whole year. Which do you think is better? Explain why.
15. Do you agree or disagree that celebrities such as artists and athlete should be the role model for people?
16. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement, the most important element of a successful school is experienced teachers?
17. Agree or disagree that students should take some additional courses so that they can get their credits more quickly?
18. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: For the success of business, it is important to be friendly and outgoing?
19. Which do you think is more important: spend more time on accompanying your families or work and study?
20. Which do you prefer: working for others’ company or set up your own business?
写 作 预 测
1. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: Children should spend most of the time playing and studying, and they should not be required to do household chores, like cooking or cleaning.
2. Some believe that teachers (for students from age 14-18) should focus on lecturing and asking students to take notes during lectures. Others believe that teachers should get students involved in discussion and encourage them to exchange ideas in class. Which way of teaching do you think is more effective for students’ learning?
3. The best way to improve quality of education is to increase teachers’ salaries.
4. Some parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade (mark) they get in school. Do you think this is a good idea?
5. University students should be required to take basic science classes even if they are not part of the field of the study.
6. What is the most important factor for students to succeed at university or college?
1) university tutors’ individual instructions to help solve students’ problems;
2) encouragement from family and friends;
3) high-quality education and excellent teachers in the high school
7. The university club wants to help others, if you are a member of them, you only could undertake one project this year, which following would you prefer to choose?
1) to help students at a nearby school with reading and mathematics;
2) to build house for people who cannot buy or rent;
3) to visit and assist the elder people with daily tasks ;
8. Workers would be happier if they are doing different types of tasks during their workday than doing the same task.
9. It is better for a company to have employees who do as they are told than employees who think of their own ideas?
10. Which kind of jobs would you choose: a high-paying job with long hours or a job with an average pay yet with normal work hours. Explain your choice, using specific reasons and details.
11. In order to relax, it is better to take physical exercises than to watch a movie or to read a book.
12. It is better to take risks and explore new things when you are older than when you are young.
13. The opinions of celebrities, such as famous entertainers and athletes, are more important to younger people than they are to older people.
14. It is better for people to have friends who are intelligent than to have friends who have a good sense of humor.
15. What is the most important action for the government to solve environmental problems?
1) funding research on new energy sources such as solar and wind power;
2) protecting the forest and wildlife;
3) passing and enforcing laws to reduce the pollution；
16. In times of an economic crisis, in which area should the government reduce its spending?
2) Heath Care
3) support for the unemployed
17. In 20 years from now on, people will have more leisure time.
18. Parents do not understand their children as much as well as they did 50 years ago.
19. Technology designed to make our life simpler actually makes our life more complicated.
20. Some people think at the start of a new year, it’s important to set a goal of improving a specific aspect of life. They call it a new-year resolution. Which of the following new-year resolution would you choose?
1) Help others in your community
2) Improve your health by exercising more and eat nutritious food 3. Manage your time better